What factors were considered when drafting new elementary attendance areas?
- Balancing enrollment with the size of the school.
- This included taking into account the size and location of schools, where students live now and where enrollment changes are expected in the future, historical choice patterns, and historical enrollment patterns.
- Avoiding major roads, highways, and natural topography such as parks.
- Proximity and creating single, undivided attendance areas around a school (i.e., avoiding non-contiguous attendance areas).
- Supporting SFUSD preschool to Kindergarten pathways.
- Maximizing diversity. This included taking neighborhood demographics into consideration.